Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just another day in Japan

Today was a lot of fun. I went to one Kenji's house- Kenji is a nursery school teacher. I got to hang out with him, his wife, Emi, and their new baby, Anju! Anju is three months old and she's adorable! We also spent some time walking around the neighborhood and got a chance to play with some of the neighborhood kids. One of them asked me if I was studying English. They all thought since I kind of understood what they were saying that I spoke Japanese and not English. They were very cute but they tired us out! First we played on scooters, racing each other down a small hill and then we just ended up running up and down the hill for I don't know how long. That's one of the great thing about kids, though. They don't get tired of doing the same thing over and over, it's always exciting to them.
After our playtime with the girls we went inside and had an amazing lunch with Kenji's parents. Today was the 100th day of Anju's life so she got to "eat" a special meal- but really her grandfather just held up different kinds of food to her mouth so that Emi could take pictures. I don't think Anju ate the rice or the fish. She's still so tiny! But it was all pretty fancy. Oh, and Kenji's dad made meatloaf! I don't think that's a traditional part of this meal (haha) but it was amazing! I can't say it was like having mom's meatloaf, but it was pretty darn good.
So, I think I'm going to sign off. My apartment is in need of a serious vacuuming and then I might head to the library to say hello to Mamiko and the other library workers and maybe I'll work at getting through all the amazing books I got for Christmas. Sayonara!
xoxo

No comments: