Saturday, June 5, 2010

Turning Japanese, I Really Think So

Have I been in Japan too long? Here are a few things that I would never do in Minnesota:

1. I bought a parasol. I know, it seems so... Puff Daddy? Michael Jackson? 19th century? but the fact of the matter is that Kyoto summers are HOT and a parasol actually keeps you comparatively cool. Also, it's light blue with a white, lacy pattern around the edges... who could resist?

2. I've had fish and rice for breakfast twice this week- and yes, I cooked it myself. Turns out fish is really easy to make!

3. I bought a sweater with sparkly bows for pockets...

But don't worry guys, I still hate nato (fermented bean paste) so I'm not a total goner. Also, I don't actually enjoy teaching English, I would much rather be an actual elementary school teacher so... I'm coming home.

Speaking of which, I'll be home in late August! If you're around, look me up!!!

1 comment:

uppermeadows said...

The beauty of it is, you'll always carry a little bit of Japan with you for the rest of your life. Cherish the moments. LL, D