1. Moshi moshi. Today I taught some second years at the junior high and one of the taiko kids was in the class. I was helping the kids with their worksheets when someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was that one boy from taiko and he said something like, moshi moshi... something.... I don't know the rest of what he said, but he did a little dance with it. His friends were laughing near by and I could tell that they had made him do it. I felt kind of bad for the kid because I think he was a little embarrassed but I laughed it off with him and everything was okay.
2. Kosumosu (Cosmos) days. Yesterday I went to the Cosmos room at the nursery school and got to play with the kids. I feel like I'm starting to be able to use more English with them now that the kids know who I am and feel comfortable around me. This is great because I was starting to feel like I wasn't doing much good for them in terms of learning English.
3. Three day weekend! Again! I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like we get three day weekends a lot here. I think some of it is that I work on Saturdays sometimes and then get Monday off which makes it feel like a long weekend but... anyway, I'll be climbing a (small) mountain on Monday with Mamiko and then we're going to get our hair cut and go shopping... haha. It sounds funny, but I haven't gotten my hair cut since... May probably so it's about time.
4. Friends and correspondence. I don't know if I wrote to anyone about this, but I met a woman on the bus a few weeks ago who told me that she had spent about four years in Europe. Of course, I was impressed, but then she reminded me that at that time she could only contact her friends and family by mail. Since then I've really been grateful for the emails and letters that I've received while I'm here. I'm not sure if I would be able to make it for a whole year if I didn't have that kind of support and encouragement, so thank you, everyone! Keep writing to me, and I'll keep writing back! xoxo
1 comment:
When I graduated from CRMS we all wrote each other letters all the time. I don't know what we could have had to say but I kept them for many years and there was a pretty good stack of 'em. I'm also not sure how we found each other because we were all moving around a lot. It was fun to receive them and see the handwriting and all but, I gotta say, email is pretty great. And blogs are pretty great, too!! LL, D
Post a Comment