Today's Halloween Highlight:
1. Middle school students. Even though they didn't wear costumes they did come all the way to my apartment in the rain just to trick or treat. It was very cute. Two boys and two girls came. I think it wasn't raining very hard on the way over but after I gave them candy and said goodbye I could still hear them talking outside of my door for a while. I figured they were waiting for the rain to stop but it must be cold outside, so I made them some hot chocolate and gave it to them in the various cups and mugs I have lying around the house. I hope it wasn't too sweet for them. I think they liked it. By the time they finished their hot chocolate, though, the rain was even worse so one of the girls called her mom to pick the two of them up and I lent my plastic umbrella to the two boys who were walking home. I think they may be my only trick-or-treaters this year but they were some of my favorite 9th graders so I'm glad I could give them candy and hot chocolate. Yay! Happy Halloween!
~Season's Greetings~
In other news tomorrow is November. WHAT?! I honestly don't know how it got to be November. October was so busy! I'm happy I got to see so many friends but I'm definitely not used to December being so close... my time here is dwindling!
I have made significant progress on my applications so hopefully there will be something amazing for me around the next corner but I just don't know what that is yet. Whatever it is I hope it allows me to be home for Christmas in 2011. I'm starting to get really sad that I'll be missing Thanksgiving again this year. Actually my good friend Erina who lives in Kyoto will be going back to Minnesota for Thanksgiving for the first time in four years! And I'll be here :( We're hoping she'll be able to join me when I go home in August, though, so we can have fun in Minnesota then.
Wishing you all a happy November!!!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment