Hello all. Tomorrow we head to Bath and Bristol and I won't have internet for a while so I thought I'd write a little post. Things are still continuing well. Today I went to the British Library and saw an original draft of one of Wordsworth's poems! I was really excited about that. Also, saw a fair amount of Old and Middle English original texts. Also, a draft of a poem by Sylvia Plath which was really interesting.
Before the British Library we toured the Globe Theatre (the one that was made to look like Shakespeare's Globe Theatre). It was really cool. Too bad they don't perform in January. On Sunday I went to mass at Westminster Abbey with a few friends. It was lovely. The choir was really wonderful. After Westminster I actually met Elis at Piccadilly Circus (which is not a circus, but, in fact, a roundabout [or as Heather would say, a 'circly dirkely']) Anyway, Elis and I went to the Crispy Duck in China Town for lunch. I had duck. After that we got some dessert at a little cafe and did a little shopping. It was great to see Elis! Funny, you think that seeing a good friend in another country would be really weird or spectacular but it's just like seeing them at home, really.
So, besides running around London with one of my SBF's I've been getting to know the tubes and striking out on my own more often. I walked across a really nice footbridge today that went right up to St. Paul's. It's still pretty overwhelming. We're doing so much. Before I know it I'll be in Holland!
No comments:
Post a Comment