Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tubes, Double Deckers and the Dodgy End of Town

Yesterday was fantastic. My friend Mark and I got completely lost in London. After spending time with the class at the Tower of London we tried to go to the British Museum with some friends, however they got a little confused on the tubes and we ended up nowhere near where we were supposed to be. Consequently Mark said he was just going to keep walking around in this neighborhood we had ended up in and so I decided to go on the adventure too. We walked around for a while, had some coffee, and then jumped on a double decker bus. We figured we would see something we recognized soon but things just kept looking more and more dodgy. Finally we got off, crossed the street and took a bus going the opposite way. We ended up near Liverpool Street Station and took the tubes from there back to Regents College where we told everyone we had been having tea with the queen.

Besides tea with the queen we've been to Westminster Abbey(I saw my good friend Mr. Chaucer and Samuel Johnson!) , the Tower of London and four shows so far(King Lear, Women of Troy, Avenue Q and Glengary Glenn Ross). It's been terrific and I'm looking forward to the rest of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about your adventures! I'm glad you're having time to get lost in London and are taking advantage of the opportunity. How's the weather? Rain? I think your raincoat just arrived! - xoxo, Mom

Anonymous said...

when cyndy and i were in london with her mother, jeanne, i remember walking too far ahead of them at a tube platform. one of the trains arrived and the next thing i saw was the two of them on the train--headed in the opposite direction of where we wanted to go! they waved merrily and left the station. i stayed put, and fortunately, they returned on the train we wanted to take.
have a great time exploring london town!!!
love, s-- & c--