Okay, so I didn't eat matcha ice cream today, but I saw a lot of it.
Here's today's list:
1. Taiko. Yes, I joined a taiko group. It meets in the cultural center next to my apartment. The girls there are great, and I get to speak to 4 Vietnamese people in Japanese... talk about crazy.
2. The room we practiced in was fairly sound-proof and contained a piano... future practice room? The wheels are turning...
3. I went to Byodo-in with my friend Kimiyo (in Uji, home-town of green tea-flavored ice cream). She's really fun to hang out with. We also went to Uji-jinja. It was one of the more beautiful shrines I've been to. It was simple but really well put together... hard to explain. Also, Kimiyo speaks French; she lived in France for a year and a half. She said that next time we get together we should speak only in French and make penalties for when we use English or Japanese... needless to say, she's awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment