Well, looks like I never did use this blog for Nagasaki. Zannen. Too bad. But, I recently came up with a brilliant idea!
You know how when you write home it's usually to complain about something? Well, in the hopes that at least some of my correspondence might be full of shiny wonderful shiawase (happiness), I thought I would use this blog to record the good things that happen to me on a daily (or somewhat daily) basis.
So it begins, here are a few of my favorite things.
As one student said today, これから、よろしくお願いします!
1. The student mentioned above who came up to me this morning at the elementary school and said, "Sarah-sensei, korekara yoroshikuonegaishimasu." This means literally, "Sarah-sensei, from now on I wish good things for us all," but it was hilarious because this is the sort of thing that people say around the office. Not something usually heard- at least I haven't usually heard it- when talking with children.
2. The fifth-grade girl who asked me what my favorite kind of classical music was.
3. Feeling somewhat prepared for lessons.
4. Daydreaming about grad school. I just found out about a program in multilingual education at NYU...
5. Real internet. :)
6. Takoyaki (fried octopus balls) party with one of the nursery school teachers. I love takoyaki and I love Kitayama-sensei. He's the best story-teller at the hoikusho (nursery school).
I could go on, but I must away, forsooth!
Please enjoying with us!!!!!
Sarah-sensei xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment