I am rather tired so the list will be brief:
1. Meeting up with Shinichi in Kyoto for a fun-filled day!!! It was great getting to see an old friend. :)
2. Kiyomizudera. It's an incredible temple with a huge drop off by the stage... it's in the mountains... Even though it was raining, it is the most impressive and most beautiful temple I've seen yet in Japan. I bought omamori (good luck charms) one of which was for VICTORY!!!, which I thought was pretty funny.
3. I went to my first modern Japanese play. Shinichi told me later that they were avoiding using nouns, so they would say "this thing that..." or "that is..." and never actually say what they were talking about. This made me feel a lot better about the fact that I barely understood what was going on. It was a very artsy production, though. Emo music, low lighting and lots of yelling. Great stuff. :)
4. My cappuccino had a rabbit's face on it.
5. I met a nice old lady on the bus who told me either I was so cute it made her cry, or I was so pathetic it made her cry... I'm still not sure which she meant, though I hope it was the former. :)
Ggggggggoodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment